How to Create and Write Curated Content Emails
Curated content email is a type of email marketing in which useful, relevant, and high-quality content from third-party sources is chosen and sent to email followers. Such an email is sent with the intention of informing and entertaining recipients with the information they have not come across.
The idea of curated content is not new, and its popularity has grown in recent years as more and more individuals struggle to keep up with the vast amount of information accessible online. Email marketing campaigns that make use of curated content help businesses stand out from the crowd by providing their subscribers with information specifically customized to their needs and interests.
Curata's study suggests that effective advertisers utilize a mix of 65% original content and 25% curated material in their advertising strategy. Additionally, a significant 82% of advertisers put content curation on their list of marketing priorities in order to position themselves as authorities in their industry and to fortify their connections with their customers. A further finding of the survey was that 76% of businesses disseminate and advertise curated content via social media, the most widely used medium for content curation. Only 5% of advertisers polled around the world today said they never share information from other businesses, whereas 33% said they often share trade journals, blogs, and other pertinent resources.
Curated content emails are important for email campaigns for a number of reasons. First, subscribers get value from curated content emails, which contributes to the development of trust and establishes the business as a valuable resource. Second, curating material enables the provision of meaningful content to readers with less time spent on content development. Third, emails containing curated content enhance client participation, leading to higher email conversions, click-through rates, and open rates. Fourth, curated content emails aid in relationship building and brand attachment by offering customers the material that is personalized to their interests and requirements. Lastly, distributing high-quality material from other references aids in establishing the brand's reputation in its field.
Listed below are the nine steps on how to create and write curated content emails.
- Identify your targets: Identification of the target audience is the first stage in the creation of tailored content emails. Understanding the recipients of the emails makes it easier to provide material that suits their interests and requirements.
- Establish email lists: Establishing email lists is necessary after determining the target audience. These subscriber lists ought to include people who have chosen to receive an email from the organization.
- Sort your email list by persona or topic: Sorting an email list by personality or subject helps to ensure the delivery of appropriate material to the appropriate recipients. It enables delivery of a material that is more specialized and targeted.
- Begin generating content idea: Create content ideas after sorting the email list. It is accomplished by reading up on industry news, examining trending subjects, and searching for useful resources to recommend to the audience.
- Pick the important news stories: Be sure to choose the significant news articles that are pertinent to the audience when coming up with content ideas. The material is going to remain interesting and new as a result.
- Choose the correct frequency: Choose a schedule for how often the curated content emails are sent. It is done weekly, biweekly, or monthly, in accordance to the needs and interests of the target audience.
- Think about publishing news articles: Think about distributing news pieces via the curated content emails after releasing them on the website or blog. It is going to increase website traffic and position the company as a leading figure in the field.
- Offer information from reliable sources: Provide information from trustworthy sources in order to gain the audience's trust. It increases the subscribers' trust and keeps them interested.
- Display in-house content as well: Do not forget to showcase one's own material in addition to selected content. It supports the promotion of one's own goods and services and keeps the subscribers informed about the business.
Overall, emails including curated content are an efficient method to deliver quality to followers, boost engagement, cultivate connections, and position the company as an expert within its sector.
1. Identify Your Targets
Identify your Targets. Emails containing curated content are an efficient method for engaging consumers and building brand loyalty. The process begins with the identification of the intended audience, which is a crucial step since it enables one to personalize the content of each email sent depending on the preferences of the readers. It makes it more likely that the message connects with them, which in turn leads to increased open rates and click-throughs.
There are a number of considerations that need to be given priority when trying to determine which recipients need to get future emails containing curated content. First, it is important to think about the customers who gain the most from getting these communications; specifically, what kind of client do they represent? Is it more probable that they provide a favorable or negative response?
One needs to think about the ways in which personalization helps boost engagement. Dividing consumers into groups based on demographic factors such as age or location assists in the development of marketing campaigns that are more relevant to those audiences. Lastly, take into account any preferences that have been expressed by users when developing targeted messages. Make sure that the preferred topics are incorporated into any future emails that are sent out in accordance with those preferences if users have noted which topic areas they are interested in hearing about.
A person is able to acquire insight into user preferences and behavior when taking the time to pick relevant targets for subsequent curated content emails. It allows one to eventually boost conversions via better engagement levels with consumers who receive them. Furthermore, the method provides businesses with a greater degree of control over their communications, enabling them to ensure that only information that is relevant to their target audience is sent.
Having a solid understanding of consumer behavior and preferences is essential when it comes to the production of curated content emails, as it enables organizations to produce campaigns that are more relevant and successful. Businesses are able to acquire insight into the sorts of items and services consumers are interested in by monitoring the behaviors of their customers, such as the frequency with which they make purchases and the level of engagement they have with the brand. The information is then used to design customized ads that have a greater likelihood of resonating with clients, producing better open rates and click-through rates as a consequence.
Additionally, a company's ability to adapt the content of its emails to the unique interests of its audience is significantly enhanced when the company has a solid awareness of the preferences of its consumer base. For instance, firms make sure that their emails contain information about new products and services if a consumer has stated that they are interested in hearing about new items, and they send it to customers who have expressed an interest in learning more about new products.
A company chooses to add information in their emails that is associated with that subject if a consumer has indicated that they are interested in a specific subject. Businesses are able to build marketing campaigns that are more relevant to their needs, more interesting for their target audiences, and more likely to be read and acted upon when they do so.
2. Establish Email Lists
Establish email lists. Increasing brand visibility and consumer engagement is accomplished via the use of curated content emails that one creates. Developing email lists is an important step in the process since it enables businesses to target their audience with more specificity and ensures that the recipients are getting content that is relevant to them. Businesses are able to develop highly focused marketing campaigns that, as a consequence, result in improved engagement from their consumer base if they use the appropriate list-building tactics.
The first thing one needs to do before he/she starts building an email list for sending curated content emails is to decide what kind of audience he/she wants to communicate with. It includes consumers who have already purchased from one’s business or prospects who have shown interest in one’s product or service in the past. Begin to collect their contact information using a variety of strategies, such as opt-in forms located on websites or social media platforms like Facebook Ads Manager or Google Adwords campaigns, once determined who the ideal customers are. The information includes things like their name, address, and email address. Businesses are able to increase their chances of conversion significantly by segmenting their contacts into various groups based on interests such as age range, gender, location, and so on. It allows businesses to tailor their messages to each group, which further increases the chances of conversion.
The ability to help create connections with prospective consumers over time by giving them customized experiences that are targeted particularly towards them is the primary advantage of building an email list for future curated content emails. Additionally, it helps businesses save time when establishing marketing materials because they do not have to create different techniques for each individual customer. They, instead, send out a single message that reaches numerous people all simultaneously without any additional effort required from the business. It saves the business a great deal of time. Lastly, having a mailing list that is well-defined makes it simpler to monitor outcomes, which in turn enables marketers to assess ROI (return on investment) more precisely, which in turn enables future efforts to be changed appropriately, if necessary.
3. Sort your Email List by Persona or Topic
Sort your email list by persona or topic. Email marketing campaigns that are effective almost always include a component that involves the creation of curated content emails. One is able to verify that the information that is being delivered to each recipient is personalized precisely for them if the email list is filtered by persona or topic before sending it out. It not only assures that the message connects with each person, but it as well promotes conversions and engagement from the people who hear it.
Consider age group, job title/industry sector, and interests when segmenting clients into distinct groups. Consider these criteria when categorizing the email list by persona or subject. One is able to generate more focused communications that are more likely to be useful to particular people within those categories by doing so, and that engages those individuals.
The said step significantly reduces unsubscribes due to insignificant messaging and provides as well important insights into customer behavior that are then utilized in future campaigns. Such a step gives marketers a deeper understanding of the preferences of their target audience, which allows them to craft more effective communication strategies moving forward.
It is important to organize the email list based on personas or topics before producing more emails with curated content. The advantages of such a step are obvious. Increased engagement achieved through the use of relevant messaging that is specifically tailored towards certain audiences gives rise directly to increased conversion rates over time. It, in turn, provides businesses with a bigger return on investment (ROI) than they likely have received if they had decided not to take such steps at all during the planning process.
4. Begin generating content idea
Begin generating content idea. The first stage in the process of developing interesting, high-quality messages that are effective in generating conversions is to generate ideas for the content that is included in the emails. Beginning to create content ideas helps an individual generate a regular stream of intriguing and relevant issues that the consumers like getting.
The key advantage of starting to generate content ideas for future curated content emails is having a solid supply of content from which to draw when composing the messages. One has the opportunity to build unique takes on popular issues or explore more esoteric themes connected to the business or product offers, by discussing prospective topics ahead of time.
It enables an individual to stay abreast of trends while being able to develop a one-of-a-kind message that is specially customized to the interests and requirements of customers, which is something that they undoubtedly value. Additionally, it helps assure consistency across all upcoming email campaigns by commencing to create content concepts early on. It makes it simpler for recipients to identify their value as soon as they reach their inboxes, without having to scroll through several irrelevant emails before discovering one’s email.
Lastly, beginning the process of creating curated content emails by constructing a collection of possible topic ideas provides many benefits. It does not only ensure that each message contains important information, but it encourages readership as well due to its relevance and uniqueness in comparison to other communications of a similar nature that are available on the market today. Additionally, it ensures consistency between campaigns, which means that no matter how frequently new ones are sent out, subscribers always know what kind of quality awaits them each time they receive one. It makes them significantly more likely to take action upon reading such an email than if it had been presented differently elsewhere.
5. Pick the Important News Stories
Pick the important news stories. The process of picking the appropriate pieces of news coverage to include in curated content emails is an essential part of the overall creation of these emails. One is able to assist in making certain that the customers are kept up to date on current events by selecting the stories that are both the most pertinent and the most timely. Furthermore, it supplies them with vital information that they utilize to make decisions regarding their transactions or other activities that are related to the company.
It is best practice to take a number of factors into consideration prior to making a final selection when selecting important news stories for the purpose of creating curated content emails. These factors include relevance, timeliness, accuracy, and the level of interest shown by the audience. Relevant topics need to have a link, whether directly or indirectly, to the company so that readers understand why it was picked. Recent topics need to reflect what is occurring in the world today so that readers know how current events influence them. Correct facts need to be confirmed by credible sources. The audience's interest level ensures choosing something people truly want to read about, rather than something simply fascinating but not necessarily beneficial for making decisions. Taking all of these considerations into account when selecting which story to include in each email, is the best way to ensure the highest possible level of engagement from recipients, who value being informed about current events that have a direct bearing on their lives.
It is impossible to overstate the importance of selecting only significant new stories when constructing curated content emails. Businesses differentiate themselves from competitors who provide generic newsletters without much consideration being given to the interests of the readers, by delivering high-quality information that is tailored specifically to the requirements of customers.
Businesses are able to strengthen their relationships with their customers and increase the likelihood of future conversions by disseminating reliable facts and information with evidence-based analyses. Lastly, a professionally curated email that has been meticulously prepared has the potential to generate sales income via increased click rates owing to its attraction to targeted demographics.
6. Choose the Correct Frequency
Choose the correct frequency. The process of producing curated content emails is a key stage in the marketing plan of any company. It helps businesses establish connections and loyalty with consumers by providing them with information that is both engaging and relevant to them. It is vital for companies to determine the appropriate frequency when sending out such emails, since an excessive amount is invasive, while an inadequate amount is useless at engaging consumers.
Understanding the preferences and routines of the target audience is the initial step in deciding the appropriate frequency of curated content emails. It assists one in predicting the frequency with which readers are likely to interact with email marketing campaigns. Consider the nature of the content to be sent as well. For example, sending time-sensitive or promotional content at a higher frequency is more effective than sending it at a lower frequency if the topic is more general. More general topics gain from less frequent updates but longer lead times between sends, allowing the reader to fully process the previous message before receiving the next one.
Lastly, think about how much work goes into creating each email. It makes more sense to send fewer but more powerful messages rather than a large number of smaller ones that are sent out over a longer period of time if significant investment is required. Doing the latter requires additional resources, without necessarily offering extra value for recipients or a return on investment for the company that is sending the emails.
The demands of both the company and the client, in addition to the content type that is sent, determine how frequently emails are sent out. For instance, it is helpful to send emails on a more regular basis if the company operates in an industry that moves quickly and is subject to constant disruptions in the form of new developments and announcements, in order to keep them informed and updated. On the other hand, it is more acceptable to send emails on a more infrequent basis, such as once per week or once per month, if the company operates in a sector that is characterized by more consistency.
It is very necessary to take into account the preferences of the audience as well when deciding the frequency of the emails. It is possible that some consumers want to get emails on a less frequent basis, while others like to receive them more regularly. It is essential to either perform research or collect feedback from the audience in order to establish their preferences and modify the frequency of email communications appropriately.
The kind of material that is being sent via email is yet another essential aspect to take into consideration. It is suitable to send emails to the audience more often if the material is time-sensitive and important to events that are happening right now. It guarantees that they get the news in a timely way.
Selecting the right frequency when producing curated content emails enables companies to optimize their return on investment by making sure that their communications reach individuals who find them useful at the right moment in order to build consumer loyalty and engagement. It eventually results in additional sales chances down the line as a result of both direct and indirect word-of-mouth referrals from delighted clients who feel valued since they were provided something useful in a timely manner tailored to their specific requirements.
Businesses guarantee that each message delivered has the intended impact while avoiding being unduly invasive or irrelevant by considering the aforementioned factors before settling on a timetable, resulting in overall satisfied customers.
The ability for companies to successfully engage with their customers and supply them with the information they need in a relevant and timely way is the ultimate advantage of selecting the appropriate frequency for curated content emails. Furthermore, it makes it possible for companies to keep up a continuous level of interaction with their target audience, which results in improved connections and an increase in the number of customers who make a purchase. Additionally, it is important to keep in mind that it is vital to try various frequencies and track the open rates, click-through rates, and unsubscribe rates in order to identify what works best for the particular audience.
7. Think About Publishing News Articles
Think about publishing news articles. Publishing news articles as part of a curated content email approach is an excellent approach for organizations to create messages that are both successful and interesting. Customers are kept informed and updated on recent events that have influenced their interactions with the company by reading news articles, which give information that is both helpful and relevant to the client.
Such kind of content helps create connections, fosters trust, and increases customer loyalty by providing customers with up-to-date data that is pertinent to the interests they have expressed. The writer demonstrates his/her experience in the sector while providing important insights as well into current trends or topics linked to the business if news items in the emails are included. It is done by providing links to relevant news stories. Additionally, such kind of content makes it possible to position oneself as an expert on the topic at hand, which enhances one’s credibility among readers who otherwise have not been exposed to one’s work.
The selected news article, in order for the method to be effective, has to be fascinating enough for readers to click through from the email or, if feasible, share it. Furthermore, it needs to adhere to any current brand rules to ensure uniformity across all communication platforms, including social media accounts and other digital marketing platforms like websites, blogs, and many more. Additionally, ensure that it connects with clients and is not merely promotional content about products/services while picking a subject. It facilitates more meaningful interactions between businesses and consumers.
It is essential to assess the articles' significance to the company and the audience's interests when contemplating posting news articles in curated content emails. The articles need to have a direct or indirect connection to the company and its industry and be of interest to the target audience.
It is essential that the articles come from trustworthy sources and have been fact-checked. Including news stories in curated content emails is an effective method as well for businesses to promote themselves as a source of industry-specific information and thought leadership. Businesses show their knowledge and establish themselves as credible advisors by offering clients important and relevant information.
Furthermore, integrating news articles in curated content emails has the potential to improve customer interaction and inspire clients to go through to the website of the company. Additionally, it increases conversions by keeping consumers informed about events and developments that have an impact on the purchasing choices they make.
Overall, the advantage of giving consideration to posting news articles in curated content emails is that it enables businesses to supply customers with information that is both valuable and relevant, establish themselves as a source of thought leadership, and increase engagement and conversions.
Publishing news stories that are both relevant and interesting via curated emails generally offers various benefits to organizations, including greater brand visibility and recognition, higher consumer engagement, and improved relationships among stakeholders. Setting aside some time each week or month to think about what kinds of stories usually work well within these types of promotions certainly pays dividends over the course of time. It is especially important to keep in mind, considering how competitive today's markets are.
8. Offer information from reliable sources
Offer information from reliable sources. Curated content emails are a great marketing tool for businesses because they enable businesses to communicate essential information with their consumers in a manner that is both educational and entertaining. Businesses have the tendency to position themselves as experts in their industry and generate trust with their clients if they provide them with information that is accurate, dependable, and comes from respected sources.
Companies need to make sure that they have conducted extensive research on the subject at hand and fact-checked it, before incorporating any piece of information into their emails. It guarantees that the information being communicated is accurate and reliable, which is essential for developing credibility with clients. Additionally, it is essential to credit sources whenever it is possible to do so, making it easier for readers to get extra information on a certain subject they want.
There are a variety of advantages that arise for businesses when they make available trustworthy source material via curated email content. First, it gives consumers useful insight into topics that are linked to the service or product offerings of the company, which aids in educating and informing those customers. Additionally, companies showing a dedication to accuracy and giving important data points position themselves as reputable sources of information and create confidence with prospective customers who are already contemplating establishing business with them in the future.
Overall, emails containing curated content are an excellent method for companies to engage with their clients, earn their confidence, and position themselves as authorities in their respective fields. Businesses have the ability to generate content that is both engaging and helpful by sourcing information that is both factual and dependable from credible sources. Such kinds of content assist in boosting consumer loyalty and engagement over the course of time.
9. Display In-House Content As Well
Display in-house content as well. It is essential to give some thought to showing in-house content in addition to the information in curated content emails. Such action has the potential to assist in establishing customer loyalty to the business while giving readers access to pertinent information that they do not have otherwise discovered.
Including in-house content allows one to demonstrate a level of knowledge while drawing attention as well to the distinctive products and services that the company provides. It contributes to the development of the company into a thought leader within its sector. It not only helps establish trust and brand loyalty among consumers, but it offers them a better knowledge of the goods or services provided as well.
Displaying in-house information alongside curated emails has a number of advantages. First, it provides readers the chance to acquire insight into the company's own goods or services. Second, integrating both kinds of content inside a single email newsletter or message thread gives clients an easy way to compare and contrast the various products and services offered by a number of different companies and organizations. It helps to generate a more thorough grasp of what each service has to offer, which guides them toward making an educated conclusion regarding their choice to buy.
Additionally, it creates an atmosphere in which customers feel like they are being treated as equals and given equal attention irrespective of who provides them with goods or services when businesses exhibit their own content alongside sources from third parties. It builds trust between the customer and the business, which ultimately leads to increased customer retention over time. It is crucial for any effective marketing plan that wants maximum interaction from its target audience to include internal information in email mailings, because of such.
What is the Importance of Writing Curated Content Emails?
It is essential to have a thorough understanding of the significance of curated content emails when it comes to email marketing. Emails with curated content are an essential component of a successful email marketing strategy. These emails give businesses an efficient channel through which they communicate with customers and provide them with information that is both pertinent to their needs and interesting to them as individuals. Using curated content in email marketing campaigns enables one to forge deeper, more meaningful relationships with the audience while simultaneously boosting the number of customers or sales conversions.
The key benefit of making use of curated material when it comes to email marketing is that it enables one to personalize messages in accordance with the tastes and interests of individual customers. It guarantees that every communication that is sent out is customized exactly to the requirements or wants of each particular receiver, which makes them more inclined to act after hearing the message. Additionally, the production of one-of-a-kind pieces of highly personalized digital media within these emails, such as videos or images, further piques the attention and interest levels of customers, bringing them closer to the path that leads them to conversion goals that have been established by businesses themselves.
Lastly, providing well-crafted curated content inside an email campaign helps organizations create trust among their client base over time. It is because brands that continuously supply excellent materials via such mediums positively reinforce their brand identity overall. The utilization of such a strategy provides businesses with a greater amount of control over how they present themselves online, while simultaneously establishing stronger connections between themselves and prospective buyers along the way. It makes the utilization of curated content essential when attempting to maximize the return on investment (ROI) from any given campaign efforts undertaken in email marketing.
When should Curated Content Emails be Created?
Curated content emails need to be generated on a regular basis, as part of a continuous email marketing plan. The timing of these emails containing curated material relies heavily on the preferences of the intended audience and the sort of content being provided. A daily newsletter, for instance, demands more regular content generation than a monthly or quarterly message.
Give weekly or biweekly updates once the list of subscribers who consistently check their messages is developed, to keep them interested in what one has to offer. On the other hand, it is preferable to stick with monthly updates until enough data is acquired on user behavior patterns over time if an individual is just starting out and does not yet know how often the readers engage with the messages. Additionally, specifying certain days or times for every update assists in maximizing their exposure to prospective readers.
Making curated content emails is an essential component of any marketing plan. Curated content emails are an excellent method to keep clients up-to-date on new goods, services, and discounts while providing them with relevant and entertaining material that aids in relationship building. However, several factors are taken into account in order for these sorts of emails to be successful.
The first factor is the right time to send the email. It is essential that it is not delivered too regularly, since it results in customer fatigue or frustration at being flooded with emails on a consistent basis. It is necessary that it is not sent too frequently because of such. Consider sending out one or two curated content emails once a month instead, so as not to overload the readers while providing sufficient information for them to become connected with the business over time. It ensures that they stay involved with the company.
Another important factor for consideration is ensuring that the subject line of the email appropriately represents the content of the message itself. It assists in guaranteeing greater open rates by ensuring that recipients have a clear understanding of what they are about to get before clicking through to the content in question.
Recipients have the tendency to delete it without ever examining it if the contents of the message are not made obvious, which completely negates the purpose of the message. Additionally, selecting themes that speak directly to the interests of the audience goes a long way toward improving engagement levels even further. It is because such topics are more likely to be of interest.
Furthermore, be sure to always offer an opt-out option at the bottom of every message so that those who no longer desire to receive such information have a simple method to unsubscribe from future mailings. It is in everyone's best interest for companies and customers to maintain positive relationships, and it is accomplished, while avoiding any legal concerns, by respecting the customers' preferences.
Some other factors to take into account when generating emails with curated content are the intended recipients, the kind of material that is being provided, the overall brand image and message, and the purpose of the email marketing campaign.
It is essential to have a solid understanding of the requirements and pursuits of one's target audience in order to provide content that is relevant to that audience as well as helpful to them. The sort of content that is supplied needs to be selected in accordance with the email campaign’s objective, whether the goal of the email campaign is to raise consumers' knowledge of a brand, advertise a product or service, or simply give information that is either informative or amusing. It is important that the overall brand image and messaging be consistent throughout all email marketing initiatives, in order to develop a powerful and easily recognizable brand identity.
Moreover, it is essential to take into consideration the structure and presentation of the information in order to make certain that it is simple to read and has a pleasing appearance to the eye. It comprises the use of photographs, videos, or other forms of digital material of high quality in order to improve the experience of the email as a whole. The efficiency of the email campaign is improved as well by the use of headlines and calls to action that are clear and succinct in nature.
Overall, it is necessary to take into consideration the target demographic, kind of content, brand image and message, and email structure while developing curated content emails, in order to achieve the highest possible level of engagement and success.
When to Use Curated Content Emails?
Emails with curated content are an effective tool for companies and organizations to communicate with their audience and supply them with information that is relevant to their needs as well as engaging them. There are a number of circumstances in which emails containing selected information are incredibly effective.
First, emails with curated material are utilized to demonstrate a level of knowledge and establish the brand as a specialist in the field in which one operates. One is able to showcase his or her expertise on a subject while adding value to the experience of the audience if he or she provides selected material on such a subject.
Second, emails with tailored content are used to cultivate leads and create connections with prospective clients. Supplying knowledge that is useful enables a person to be at the forefront of people's minds while establishing trustworthiness and reputation.
Third, curated content emails are employed to maintain the subscribers' interest in the business. Curated content emails are an excellent option for those who have an email list but are at a loss for ideas in terms of what to send to the subscribers.
Fourth, curated content emails are used to supplement the content marketing activities that are already in place. Sending out curated content emails is an excellent way to add new resources and points of view to the information that has already been provided if an individual already has a blog or other content channels.
Lastly, companies that lack the resources necessary to produce original content find that using curated content emails offers a time-saving solution to their problem. Curating information that is engaging and pertinent to the audience's needs provides audience value without having to devote a lot of time to content development.
Overall, curated content emails have the potential to be an effective tool for interacting with readers and supplying them with information that is both helpful and appropriate to their needs. Using curated content as part of the email marketing plan helps solidify the brand's reputation as a credible and useful source of information while fostering solid relationships with the readers.
Who can Receive Emails about Curated Content?
Emails containing curated content are an effective marketing tool for companies and organizations, allowing them to communicate with a wide range of target consumers. Emails with curated content are sent to a variety of recipients, and the recipients chosen for these emails depend on the purpose and goals of the email campaign.
Subscribers are an example of a common audience that is being sent curated content emails. The subscribers on the email list have the potential to be an excellent audience for curated content mailings. Their engagement with the brand and their interest in it is maintained by delivering information that is both helpful and intriguing. Such a strategy is particularly useful for companies that want to strengthen their ties with their subscribers and create their brand as an industry thought leader.
Additionally, emails with curated material are being delivered to leads or prospective customers, in addition to the subscribers who have subscribed to receive them. Giving clients information that is pertinent to their needs and helpful leads to earning their trust and credibility, as well as advancing them further along in the sales funnel.
Curated content emails are another approach to delivering continuous value to existing customers and keeping them involved with the business. These emails are sent to existing customers as a means to maintain communication with them. Providing clients with information that is current, relevant, and fascinating strengthens the relationship with the clients and encourages them to do business together again.
Sending out emails with well-selected pieces of content is, in general, an efficient way to interact with many different groups of people while providing them with useful information. Email marketing is more effective and leads to more sales if the content is tailored to each person who gets it.
What are the Email Curated Content Writing Tips?
Here are some helpful hints for producing great emails with curated content:
- Know the readers: Make sure to have a firm grasp on who the audiences are and what motivates them before beginning the process of content curation for the email. It assists in selecting the information that is most applicable to them as well as intriguing to them.
- Maintain focused content: Focus on one subject or topic for each email with handpicked material rather than attempting to cover too many. It increases the likelihood that the readers are going to interact with the material and helps them grasp its worth.
- Employ enticing subject lines: The subject line of the email has to be engaging and attention-grabbing because it is the first thing that the readers see. Ensure that it stands out in the email by using a combination of specific keywords and numbers.
- Give context: It is important to include some background information or an explanation when publishing curated material with the audience so that they are going to have a better understanding of why the information is beneficial to them and how it is connected to the things that they are interested in.
- Include one's own point of view: Including one's own point of view makes the emails more interesting and original, despite the fact that the primary purpose of curated content emails is to share the work of other people. The readers are going to benefit from hearing the writer's perspective on the information presented, as well as any other insights he or she has on the subject.
- Add some aesthetic appeal: Make the email more visually appealing by using photos or graphics to divide the text and make it more visually interesting. It makes the text simpler to absorb and helps keep the readers interested in what they are reading.
- Add a call-to-action: A clear call-to-action in the social media content assists in boosting engagement and meeting the marketing goals. It is done by requesting readers to download a resource or encouraging them to share the material they are reading on social media.
How long should I wait before sending a Curated Content email?
There are a few things to keep in mind in order to guarantee that the subscribers are going to interact with the information given to them when it pertains to sending emails with curated material. First, it is essential to find the right balance between the goals of delivering value to the subscribers and bombarding them with an excessive number of emails. The email cycle is modified based on how engaged the subscribers are and what feedback they provide, but a monthly or biweekly frequency is a decent starting point to work from.
The perfect time to send emails with curated content does change depending on the demographics of the audience as well as the sector in which one operates. The most effective days of the week to send emails are Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday, according to the findings of certain studies. The middle of the week is often a favorable period since individuals have become accustomed to their work habits but have not yet begun to think about the upcoming weekend.
Moreover, the timing with regard to the particular time of day relies on a number of factors, including the audience. For instance, it is proven to be beneficial to send an email to the office workers in the early morning before they begin their job or in the early afternoon after they have had a chance to settle in. On the other hand, consider sending the emails later in the afternoon or early in the evening if the majority of the readers are students.
It is essential to conduct experiments with various send timings and examine the statistics in order to discover the ideal timing for the particular audience. Choose the best schedule for sending the curated content emails by testing a variety of days and times to see which produces the best results.
What are the Best Examples of Curated Content Emails?
The following are some samples of curated content emails from various fields:
- Inside: A publication called Inside compiles news and commentary about the technology sector. Almost 700,000 people subscribe to it, and it was created in 2013. Emails from Inside address subjects including start-ups, technology, and social media.
- Morning Brew: Morning Brew is a daily email curated specifically for young professionals that covers the latest business news. It was established in 2015 and now has more than 2 million active members. The newsletter touches on a variety of subjects, including business, technology, and advertising.
- Really Good Emails: Really Good Emails is a weekly newsletter that compiles the very finest sales and marketing emails from all across the world wide web. It was established in 2014 and now has more than 100,000 active members. Email layout, copywriting, and email marketing strategy are just a few of the subjects that are discussed in the newsletter.
- MyFitnessPal: The MyFitnessPal app is a health and fitness tracker that provides its users with a newsletter every week. The motivating material, fitness advice, and nutritious recipes are compiled and curated in the email. MyFitnessPal was first released in 2005 and now has over 200 million active members, and has been known as one of the best curated content email examples.
- The Hustle: The Hustle is a daily email that provides entrepreneurs and executives with a curated collection of business news stories. It was established in 2015 and now has more than 1.5 million users as customers. The newsletter covers a variety of issues, including new business ventures, technological advancements, and financial matters.
What are the Best Curated Content Email Templates?
Emails containing curated material are an excellent way to supply subscribers with content that is both relevant and helpful. However, picking the appropriate email design is really necessary in order to engage subscribers and increase click-through rates. Below are examples of the best curated content email templates available for consideration.
Template 1: Newsletter template
Subject: Weekly [Industry] News Update
Here is your weekly dose of the most recent [Industry] news, trends, and insights. This week, we have selected the most engaging pieces, videos, and podcasts for you to see, watch, and hear.
[Headline #1] - Article’s link
[Headline #2] - Article’s link
[Headline #3] - Article’s link
[Featured Video] - Video’s link
[Featured Podcast] - Podcast’s link
We hope you like this week's contents, and please check back for more!
Template 2: Weekly overview template
Subject: [Theme] Recap: A Compilation of Must-Read Materials
Prepare yourself for a curated selection of the greatest information on [Weekly Theme] that can be found all over the internet. This week's compilation offers whatever you might want, from in-depth articles to films that will provoke your thoughts.
[Headline #1] - Link to article
[Headline #2] - Link to article
[Headline #3] - Link to article
[Featured Video] - Link to video
[Featured Podcast] - Link to podcast
We hope you like this week's content and spread the word to your friends.
[Name of Your Company]
Template 3: Best-of template
Subject: Our Top Blog Articles for the [Month/Quarter/Year]
We wanted to take a time to showcase our most read and interesting blog pieces as we finish up [Month/Quarter/Year]. These must-reads from [Your Organization] this [Month/Quarter/Year] range from educational how-to manuals to thought leadership essays.
[Headline #1] - Link to article
[Headline #2] - Link to article
[Headline #3] - Link to article
[Headline #4] - Link to article
[Headline #5] - Link to article
We hope you appreciate reading some of our greatest material again and will spread the word about it to your friends.
Template 4: Event recap template
Subject:[Name of Event] Recap: Important Lessons You Must Remember
We just went to [Event Name] and would like to share some of the most important lessons and insights we learned there. These [Event Name] highlights include motivational keynote addresses and interesting panel discussions.
[Keynote Speaker #1] - Link to recap
[Panel Discussion #1] - Link to recap
[Keynote Speaker #2] - Link to recap
[Panel Discussion #2] - Link to recap
[Keynote Speaker #3] - Link to recap
We have high hopes that you will find these recaps to be helpful and that you will distribute them to your colleagues who were unable to attend the event.
Template 5: Personalized template
Subject: Your Personalized [Industry] Read
Good day [Subscriber],
Since you have shown an interest in [Industry], we have prepared a specialized roundup of articles with your interests in mind. Here are some publications, podcasts, and videos that we believe you'll find interesting. They range from the most recent news to pieces written by key influencers.
[Article #1] - Link to article
[Video #1] - Link to video
[Podcast #1] - Link to podcast
[Article #2] - Link to article
[Video #2] - Link to video
[Podcast #2] - Link to podcast
It is vital to include photos in emails containing curated material since doing so assists in splitting up huge text blocks and makes the information look more appealing. Moreover, pictures are utilized to support the idea of the email and provide a more interesting customer experience. Selecting appropriate photos and including them in the template for the email enables the production of a curated content email campaign that is both more successful and captivating.
What are the Best Practices for Crafting Curated Content Emails?
Emails that include curated material are an efficient way to keep subscribers interested with information that is both helpful and important. However, following certain guidelines is needed when creating an effective email with curated content to make sure that it is well received and promotes interaction. The following are a few of the best practices that are used when writing emails with curated content:
- Determine the viewers: Having a solid awareness of the viewer's passions, interests, and problem areas is essential when it comes to writing great curated content emails. It assists in selecting material that connects with the subscribers, which in turn boosts their engagement with the brand.
- Pay more attention to quality than quantity: Providing the subscribers with information that is of a high level of quality and value is the primary focus of curated content emails. Therefore, put the most emphasis on choosing only the best information that fits the needs and interests of the readers.
- Select an attention-grabbing subject line: The email usually has a few seconds to attract the attention of the subscribers before they go on to other messages in their inboxes, so make sure that the subject line is compelling and informative. The subject line of an email needs to persuade the recipient to click through to the full message by giving a taste of what is within.
- Make the introduction very clear and interesting: The introduction needs to be understandable, condensed, and interesting. It ought to explain the background of the email and emphasize the benefits that the recipient gets from reading the material.
- Make an effective content organization: Provide a structure for the information that is both rational and pleasing to the eye. Make the text more digestible by breaking it up using headings, subheadings, bullets, and pictures.
- Employ a clear call-to-action: Each and every email containing curated content has to have a distinct call-to-action that instructs the subscriber to perform a certain action. The call to action needs to be visible and easy to discover, regardless of whether the goal is to read further, register for an event, or register for a free trial.
- Test and improve: The success of curated content emails is increased by testing and optimization, similar to any other email campaign. Try out different subject lines, layouts, genres, and calls to action to see what people respond to the most.
- Pick the best content: Choose materials for the email that are high caliber, relevant, and engaging. It aids in increasing credibility and keeping readers' attention on any information about a specific topic.
- Utilize a wide array of content types: Use a wide range of content types in the curated content emails, like publications, videos, podcasts, and animations, to maintain a sense of novelty and keep readers engaged.
- Make the text scannable: It is essential to make the text of the emails easy to skim because the majority of people do not read them word for word. Make the text easy to read by employing techniques such as subheadings, bullet points, and brief paragraphs.
Which Elements Make Up an Impressive Curated Content Email?
An effective curated content email grabs the reader's attention, delivers useful information, and motivates them to take action. Each email with curated content needs to include certain elements to be effective. A good curated content email includes these key components:
- A captivating subject line: The subject line is the first thing that a subscriber sees when they open an email, so it is important to make a good impression. It has to be concise, interesting, and insightful. Additionally, it has to offer the subscriber a solid indication of what they need to anticipate from the email that they are receiving.
- A striking header: The first thing that readers notice when they open an email is the header. It has to be aesthetically appealing, using elements like the business emblem, motto, and a headline that establishes the tone of the email.
- A simple and concise introduction: The introduction has to be simple and to the point, and it needs to set the stage for the topic that is to follow. It needs to be interesting and compelling so that the reader wants to keep on with the story.
- Useful information: The most important part of an email with curated content is the information that is being sent. It needs to be of very high quality, pertinent, and beneficial to the subscribers. It has to be structured in a manner that makes it simple to read and simple to process, using headings, subheadings, bullets, and pictures to serve as a visual break in between the paragraphs of text.
- Call-to-action: The call-to-action (CTA) is the primary motivator for the subscriber to take the desired action. These actions include exploring the site more, signing up for an event, downloading a whitepaper, or purchasing something. CTAs need to be prominent, obvious and positioned in an easily visible area of emails.
- Footer: The email's footer is the very last part that a reader views before closing it. The contact information links to the various social media accounts and an unsubscribe option needs to be included. It has to be neat and uncomplicated, and it has to not draw attention away from the most important part of the email.
How many emails should you send for a Curated Content campaign?
The quantity of emails that are sent out as part of a curated content campaign is determined by a number of different factors, including the audience, the kind of material being provided, and the overall plan for email marketing. There is no single correct number of emails required to deliver a curated content campaign.However, there are several effective strategies that assist in getting the most out of the email campaign.
The goal of curated content campaigns is usually to add value for subscribers. Therefore, it is essential to try to find a balance between sending just enough emails to keep them interested and informed and refraining from sending too many that annoy or overwhelm them. Sending no more than one email each week is a fair general rule, although it changes based on the client and their interests.
It is essential to take into consideration the kind of material that is going to be provided. It is likely that it is needed to send emails more often in order to remain relevant if one is providing the material that is time-sensitive, like news or current affairs. On the other hand, one has to increase the amount of time between sending the emails if he or she is providing the material that is relevant even after it has been published, such as instructional manuals or tools.
Overall, it is important that the number of emails being sent as part of a curated content campaign be in line with the overall strategy and objectives of the email marketing campaign. The email marketing strategy needs to be developed with the end objectives in mind, whether those goals are to boost interaction, improve the number of visitors driven to the website, or advertise the products or services. The optimal frequency and usefulness for the subscribers are being reached when monitoring and adjusting the email marketing efforts over time.
How to Determine Curated Content Email Topic?
The following are some procedures for identifying a subject for an email with curated information:
- Determine who the audience is. It is essential to first define the audience for the email containing the curated material before choosing a topic for the email. Find out who has to receive the email with the handpicked material that is put together. Think about things like the demographics of the audience, their interests, and their requirements.
- It is helpful to first determine the message's intended purpose when deciding what kind of curated information to include in an email. It is usually targeted at teaching the viewers about a specific subject, marketing a brand-new service or product, or offering value to the viewer.
- Pick a good topic that resonates with the target demographic and the email's intended function for the tailored content. It is a common practice to market a new product by compiling articles about similar items.
- The next step is to locate reputable informational sources from which the material is compiled after deciding on a subject matter. Try to find reliable sources capable of supplying the readers with knowledge that is useful to them.
- Do research on widely discussed subjects. Do some research to find out what subjects are currently trending and are relevant to the interests of the target audience. Find out what others are talking about by using tools like social media, Google Trends, or BuzzSumo.
- Reduce the number of available choices. Choose a few subjects from the available options that are both highly relevant to the audience that one is trying to reach and have a good chance of generating interaction from them.
- The next thing to do after settling on a subject is to search for the information that is most pertinent to it and of the highest possible quality. Materials do come in the form of articles, films, podcasts, animations, and any other types of data.
- Do an analysis of the material using criteria such as how relevant it is, how accurate it is, and how high the quality is. Make sure to only include the very best material in the email.
- Curate the information for the email after having determined the sources. Choose the material that is most important to the audience and most fascinating to them.
- Arrange the information. Make sure the curated content is presented in a way that makes sense to the intended audience. The information is organized into sections according to common topics or themes.
- Compose a subject line that grabs the reader's attention. Create a subject line for the curated content email that appropriately represents the topic of the email and motivates the recipients to open it.
- Preview the email and check its appearance and functionality on a variety of devices and email applications to make sure it is formatted properly. Examine the performance of the curated content email and make adjustments to the strategy in consideration of the comments left by the readers. Tracking click-through rates, open rates, and other analytics helps in identifying which aspects of the campaign are successful and which ones need some adjusting.
- Send the email, including the chosen content, then review the responses to gauge its success. Take into account metrics like click-through rate, open rate, and engagement to make adjustments for the next emails.
What types of Emails should be Used in Curated Content Emails?
There are a number of different email formats that are used for the delivery of curated content emails. The following are some of the more prevalent types:
- Newsletters: One of the most common forms of curated content email is the newsletter. It often includes a variety of pertinent news stories, articles, and other forms of information that have been selected specifically for the viewers.
- Roundups: Roundup emails often concentrate on a certain subject or theme and give a compilation of curated information relevant to such a subject. The subject of the roundup email varies. They have the potential to be an effective means of presenting a range of viewpoints on a topic of discussion.
- Lists of the top ten: Emails containing the top 10 lists give a curated selection of the best ten studies, blog entries, and other pieces of information associated with a certain subject area.
- Reviews: Review emails provide material that has been curated, and such content does contain reviews of products or services. These are useful means of delivering insightful data to the audience and assisting them in making well-informed judgments on their purchases.
- Best practices: Best practices emails include information that has been chosen to concentrate on certain methods, recommendations, or approaches for accomplishing a particular objective. They have the potential to be an excellent method for providing the viewers with insights that are able to be put into action.
- Case studies: Case study emails are emails that give curated information that contains real-life instances of how a specific service or item has assisted consumers in accomplishing their objectives. It is one of the types of emails that is an appropriate means for demonstrating the value of the product or service that is provided.
How to Use Mail Merge for Curated Content Email?
Mail merge is a feature in a word processing application that enables individuals to produce personalized documents, like letters or emails, by merging a single master document with lists of individualized content. Mail merge is an extremely helpful tool when sending emails with selected information to a large number of individuals. There is a step-by-step protocol that has to be followed when it comes to using mail merge for curated content emails.
The first thing that needs to be done in order to utilize mail merge for a curated content email is to collect all of the material that is going to be included in the email. Such material comes in the form of articles, blog entries, or any other pertinent pieces of knowledge that are of use to the reader. The following step, whenever the material has been completed, is to use a word processing application to design a template for the main document. The email message and any relevant formatting are included in the document, with spaces provided for the user's name, email address, and other specific data that has to be incorporated.
The next step following the completion of writing the main document is to compile a list of recipients. The list contains the user's name, as well as their email address and any other important details. Such a list is going to be put to use in order to fill in the blanks that have been left in the master document. Other data, like the user's address, work title, or prior purchases, are added to customize the email. Begin the process of setting up the mail merge by opening the word processing application, selecting the mail merge feature, and then selecting the kind of document desired to produce. Follow the on-screen directions to set up the merging fields and establish a connection to the recipient list. The information included in the email's recipient list is used to personalize the message itself, which is sent to the recipient.
Examine the preview of the combined document to check that each of the fields has the appropriate information entered. Make any required modifications to the message that was sent by email, as well as the formatting. It is the chance to check that the email appears and reads as it was meant to, as well as to confirm that all of the customized information being included is accurate. Send the email to the people on the roster of recipients after being satisfied with the combined document.
There is the option of sending the email straight from the word processing application or exporting the email list to another service or program. Check everything over one more time before pressing the send button to confirm that the email is free of errors and is prepared to be delivered to the people who subscribed to it.
Take, for example, the case of a business called "XYZ Clothing." It has decided that it wants to send its customers an email with curated content and a discount offer. Gather first the initial set of articles or pieces of material about fashion that one wants to provide to the consumers. Set up a master document in a word processing application containing the email message, the curated material, and spaces for the user's name as well as their email address. Create a spreadsheet with a list of the customers and a column for them to enter their discount code. Set up the email merge by selecting the mail merge option in the word processing application and then selecting the type of document to generate.
Follow the on-screen instructions to set up the combining fields and establish a connection to the receiver list. Modify the body of the email to reflect the information included in the list of recipients. One of the sentences in the message needs to contain the phrase "mail merge for discount email" or a phrase that is very close to it in order to highlight the purpose of the email.
Review the document that has been fused to check that the combined fields have been accurately filled and that the discount code is present. Make any necessary changes to the text of the email as well as its formatting in order to ensure that the email appears and reads exactly as one wants it to.
Lastly, make use of the mail merge tool to send the email out to the clients. Check everything over one more time prior to pressing the send button to guarantee that the email is completely error-free and is fully ready to be sent out to the customers who followed it. It enables companies to swiftly and simply send a tailored, curated content email to their consumers, as well as an offer for a discount on their products.
The use of mail merge for an email with curated information is an efficient approach to saving time while providing tailored material to the target group. Following the above-mentioned steps enables an individual to generate an email that looks professional, attracts readers' attention, and offers subscribers something of value.
How often are Curated Content Emails used in Email Marketing?
The email marketing strategy and objectives of a company or organization determine how often curated content emails are sent. Certain companies are sending curated content emails on a regular schedule, such as every week or every month, whereas other businesses only send them on rare occasions or as promotional tools.
The intended audience and the sort of material chosen do affect how often emails are sent. A company whose focus is on news stories or industry knowledge is expected to send emails more frequently in order to keep its viewers up-to-date on recent trends. On the other hand, a company whose focus is on curating services or goods does need to send emails less frequently, but with a greater focus on advertising-specific offerings.
Overall, the frequency of curated content emails has to ultimately be determined by what works best for attracting and keeping the attention of the target audience. Such frequency needs to be evaluated and modified as necessary to improve the method of email marketing.
Are Curated Content Emails Useful in Email Marketing?
Yes, email marketing campaigns that make use of curated content are quite helpful. Emails containing curated content are sent to followers with the intention of providing them with a choice of information that is both helpful and engaging. Such material includes product suggestions, business news, and opinions. Businesses establish themselves as leading experts in their sector and give additional value to the readers of their newsletters by curating information drawn from a variety of sources.
Emails with tailored content provide a number of advantages, one of the most significant of which is the ability to boost loyalty and engagement rates among followers. Businesses have the ability to maintain their audience's interest and engagement by publishing a variety of content formats on their websites, like blog entries, videos, and articles. Emails containing curated material are additionally customized to reflect the preferences and actions of specific recipients, which further enhances their relevance and engagement with the content.
Emails containing curated content have the additional benefit of being able to assist in the development of a brand's credibility and trustworthiness. Businesses are capable of establishing themselves as professionals in their area and positioning themselves as trustworthy source of data by collecting material from credible sources and sharing useful knowledge and insights with their target audiences.
Organizations that want to connect and keep their email subscribers find success with the use of curated content emails, which is a strong tool. Businesses have the ability to improve engagement, generate confidence in their brand, and establish authority, all while positioning themselves as thought experts in their respective industries if they provide content that is both relevant and compelling.
Do Curated Content Emails work?
Yes, email marketing with curated content is an effective marketing tactic. Curated content emails do assist a company in establishing itself as an industry leader in the field and a reliable information provider by supplying viewers with a choice of material that is both informative and meaningful to the business's line of work. It leads to higher loyalty and involvement among followers, who are usually more inclined to open and connect with emails from a company that regularly offers good material because of the higher chances of receiving something of value in those emails.
Moreover, emails with curated content are used to advertise items or services in a manner that seems less sales-focused and more beneficial to subscribers. It is accomplished by presenting the promotion as an educational email rather than a sales email. Businesses portray themselves as a beneficial and important resource by providing members with a comprehensive solution to their requirements by curating goods or services with other relevant information. It enables companies to give subscribers a definitive answer to their problems.
The success of an email marketing campaign, on the other hand, depends a lot on the goals that are set and the people who are targeted. Businesses have to give careful consideration to the demographics of their target market in order to achieve the highest level of success. Moreover, they need to change the content of the curated emails to cater to the preferences and requirements of that population. Furthermore, consistent testing and tuning are required in order to ascertain the frequency, structure, and content of the curated content emails that are most likely to provide the desired results. Sending emails with curated content is generally a useful approach for email marketing. However, success relies on thorough preparation and implementation of the strategy.